Friday, September 21, 2012

Anderson Cooper on CNN's "AC 360" does the air quotes thing on air today and THEN APOLOGIZES FOR DOING AIR QUOTE AND says "Oh my gosh, I never did that before!"

it occurs in the middle at 1:"27 and later 1.:46 of the segment during the segment and he even apologizes for using the scare quotes gesture!
Anderson Cooper on CNN's "AC 360" does the air quotes thing on air today for the first time ever appaerently and he says "Oh my gosh, I never did that before!"

September 22, 2012

A woman in Georgia is being sued by her homeowner's association for the color of her granddaughters playhouse.

QUOTE: ''I waNNA APOLOGIZE FOR DOING THIS...I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE....SAID SOTTO VOCE''

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/the-ridiculist/?hpt=ac_ac4


@AC360

don't you mean "concerns"? Like, you know, ''air quotes''?
Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360


A clue about what's coming up next on the #RidicuList:
Do you want to paint your playhouse PINK, or should we call the lawyers?

 
And during this segment, AC actually did the AIR QUOTES gesture with his two hands and fingers posed in the air quotes position, but it was more like a SCARE QUOTES air quote, what is now called SKAIR QUOTES, that is air quotes gsetured as a scare quote in fact.

Smiley McDiddly MD ‏@smiley_lnp


Man @andersoncooper just cracked me UP with the #Ridiculist. That poor little girl's PINK playhouse has to look like a shed. Lol!



Little pink playhouse causes a stir. 21 Sep 2012
6:46 pm. CNN's Anderson Cooper adds an outcry over a PINK playhouse to the RidicuList ...


http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/the-ridiculist/?hpt=ac_ac4

September 21st, 2012


RidicuList: Little pink playhouse

On the RidicuList, a little house, a little girl and the big fight her grandma's now in with neighbors about painting her playhouse pink. And for the first time ever in CNN history, Anderson Cooper does an AIR QUOTES gesture on air, saying at the same time ''OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!"






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here’s hoping air quotes really are extinct

Posted by MichWalkden ⋅
June 26, 2012 ⋅
456,895 Comments

Filed Under air quotes, trend


I’m probably a little premature but since I haven’t seen an air quote performed in public for at least six months I’m declaring them extinct. I, for one, will not be mourning their passing.

Those annoying finger quotes popped up in 1989 thanks mostly to comedian Steve Martin. Whether Martin invented the gesture is open to conjecture but he was certainly responsible for popularising it. That fact alone negates his brilliant performance ordering coffee in LA Story.

Anonymous said...

Michelle Walkden in Australia said in June, ''I’m probably a little premature but since I haven’t seen an air quote performed in public for at least six months I’m declaring them extinct. I, for one, will not be mourning their passing. Those annoying finger quotes popped up in 1989 thanks mostly to comedian Steve Martin. Whether Martin invented the gesture is open to conjecture but he was certainly responsible for popularising it.''